4 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2009 8:46 AM by the_wine_snob

aspect problems

jjaimet

i am working on a school project and i have rendered out an animation in jpg stills.  they were rendered in 720x480 same as the ratio of my video clips.  but when i put the jpg numbered stills into premeir the show up as full screen instead of the wide screen.  any ideas why?

• 1. Re: aspect problems
          Eddie Lotter Level 4

Welcome to the forums.

JPEG files do not have the concept of a non-square pixel aspect ratio.

Right-click on the clip in the Project Panel, select "Interpret Footage" and select the correct aspect ratio.

Cheers
          Eddie

• 2. Re: aspect problems
            jjaimet Level 1

thank you that worked perfectly,  i was confused when even avi i rendered out at 1.2 were still going to full screen.

once again thanks for your help.

• 3. Re: aspect problems
              Eddie Lotter Level 4

You're welcome. Happy editing.

• 4. Re: aspect problems
                the_wine_snob Level 9

One option, for the future, would be to do your animation in a preset that allows for a PAR of 1.2 (in lieu of square pixels) and Export as .PSD's, which will retain that PAR. Now, this will depend, of course, on what progarm you are using to create your animations. As I use Photoshop, it's easy to do both the setup and then the Save/Save_As, and choose PSD. Unless you have Layers to manipulate, you'll want to Import as Footage, not as a Sequence. With Layer manipulation, then Import as Sequence and do the Layer animation.

BTW, which program are you using to do the animations?

Good luck,

Hunt