3 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2009 8:57 AM by the_wine_snob

cs3 compatability with encore 2.0

crisrg1

hi all,

have been trying out pro cs3 but it will not pick up my encore 2.0 (hence can't export to encore its greyed out) are they not back ward compatible?? also if i use encoder it renders the work creating xmp file among others but what am i ment to do from there (to get it onto dvd?? is there something i need to do,

• 1. Re: cs3 compatability with encore 2.0
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The free demo has all MPEG functions removed due to license restrictions... I presume that includes calling Encore

You may export from the trial to AVI but not MPEG

• 2. Re: cs3 compatability with encore 2.0
            Jim_Simon Level 8

My guess is that Encore CS3 will be required for this functionality to work.

• 3. Re: cs3 compatability with encore 2.0
              the_wine_snob Level 9

As has been stated, the trial version has no MPEG capability, at all.

Now, you have the CS3 trial. So long as none of your Assets is MPEG, you can Export from the CS3 trail as DV-AVI Type II. I'd recommend doing this as elemental streams, i.e. Video to DV-AVI and Audio to PCM/WAV. These files can then be Imported to your EncoreDVD 2. Import the Vdieo (.AVI) as a Timeline and your Audio (.WAV), as an Asset. Drag the Audio from the Project Panel to the Timeline with your Vdieo. Author as desired, and Burn DVD.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS surprised that you have a trial of CS3 at this late date. Luckily, you have EncoreDVD 2, to fully test CS3 with.