2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2008 8:44 AM by Newsgroup_User

Edit DW Spellchecker

CindyLewis
      I use dreamweaver spell check and it highlights a word like “doesn’t” and it highlights the “doesn” and won’t realize that there is a ‘t at the end. It does it for all words like that. I’m, You’ll, etc. None of those show up as words.

Is there a way to correct this so dreamweaver will recognize the words with an apostrophe?

Thank you
        • 1. Re: Edit DW Spellchecker
          Level 7
          What DW version ?
          While using spell check, look for a button to "add" or "add to personal" or
          "add to dictionary"

"CindyLewis" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:game16$95v$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I use dreamweaver spell check and it highlights a word like ?doesn?t? and
          >it
          > highlights the ?doesn? and won?t realize that there is a ?t at the end. It
          > does
          > it for all words like that. I?m, You?ll, etc. None of those show up as
          > words.
          >
          >
          > Is there a way to correct this so dreamweaver will recognize the words
          > with an
          > apostrophe?
          >
          > Thank you
          >

• 2. Re: Edit DW Spellchecker
            Level 7

> and it highlights a word like ?doesn?t? and it
            > highlights the ?doesn? and won?t realize that there is a ?t at the end. It
            > does
            > it for all words like that. I?m, You?ll, etc. None of those show up as
            > words.

From the way your text is translated to the NNTP new forum, my guess is that
            you are typing or pasting in single curly quotemarks?

Something not in the standard character set.

doesn't is in the spelling dictionary.

what is the document encoding of the page
            what are you copying from, or if typing, what exact character are you typing

and- as Ken said- as you come across these when spell checking, you can "add
            to personal dictionary" and they will be considered correct the next time.

--
            Alan
            Adobe Community Expert, dreamweaver

http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/