5 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2009 10:14 AM by newtech120

Newbie flash help

newtech120

I'm looking to make a flash banner very similar to the one shown on here [url]http://www.omdesign.co.uk/[/url]

I'm really stuck on what techniques i need to use.

any advice would be great

• 1. Re: Newbie flash help
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Just about all of what's involved in it is simply looping timeline animation.  I thought those birds in the distance that move more like bugs, stopping and moving, might be randomly generated, but a with a longer look it appears to be a repeating pattern.

That cutout look could be exactly that, a white rectangle with a torn looking shape cut out of it that covers the whole stage, turned into a movieclip, and a drop shadow effect added to it.

So what particular aspects are you stuck on?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Newbie flash help
            newtech120 Level 1

Its the cut out thing I'm looking to do first. Can you go into more detail on how i would acheive that.  Thanks for your help.

• 3. Re: Newbie flash help
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Draw a rectangle (white or whatever color your page will be) that's a bit bigger than the stage dimensions and cover the stage with it.  Take the eraser tool and start erasing the area you want for the cutout.  Click on the remaining rectangle to select it and convert that modified rectangle into a movieclip (right click, convert to symbol). Then add a drop shadow effect to it via the properties panel filters section.

Use that movieclip on the topmost layer of your timeline.  Everything else will be placed on layers below it.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Newbie flash help
                newtech120 Level 1

thats great! I'll let you know how i get on! cheers!

• 5. Re: Newbie flash help
                  newtech120 Level 1

I'm a bit stuck again.  How do i get the movieclip to be animated. ie going from just a white screen then revealing bit by bit the image in the layer below.

cheers

*edit: Or do i use lots of key frames showing the animation and then convert it to a movie clip.