2 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2009 9:58 AM by jlb053

Flash button doesn't work when used with Dreamweaver CS4

jlb053

I am a student trying to learn how to take multimedia elements from one class and put them on a webpage using Dreamweaver CS4. From an online tutorial, I created start/stop buttons with ActionScript3 URLRequest to reference a sound file. The swf works fine when played; it plays from the html generated by flash but when I use Dreamweaver CS4 > insert > media > swf  and then preview page in browser (firefox), the button doesn't do anything. When I compare the html page generated by flash to the html created by Dreamweaver, they look completely different. I don't have a clue what to do next.

I have also posted this in the Dreamweaver forum. Please, does anyone have a solution?

• 1. Re: Flash button doesn't work when used with Dreamweaver CS4
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Most any time I am including Fash content in a web page I copy the embedding code that Flash generates in the html file it creates and paste it into the web page wherever it's supposed to fit.  I don't use Dreamweaver's embedding tools.

• 2. Re: Flash button doesn't work when used with Dreamweaver CS4
            jlb053 Level 1

Thanks for the response! What bothers me is that I was able to use Dreamweaver > insert.... swf on a different file with actionscrip2 controls (thanks to help from Ross Ritchey) but this time the swf has actionscript3 code in it and I was wondering if that makes a difference. I don't get any errors, the button shows as clickable, just nothing happens. Thank you for the suggestion, however the flash html but it is so MASSIVE! It makes looking at the rest of the page difficult and I have several sound files I wanted to add to one webpage.