7 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2009 4:50 PM by the_wine_snob

Serial number no longer valid

Alfie Apple Level 1

I have had a system crash and my serial number is not valid anymore how do I reset it.

when first installed it was ok. but drive was very sluggish and froze a lot. So i un installed it and put it back on.

Then i decided to format the drive and start from scratch. The software is on now but i have to use it as a 30 day trial.

I have only just bought it. What gone wrong?  :-(

I have contacted adobe customer services 48 hours ago but have not recieved a reply.                                                                                   

• 1. Re: Serial number no longer valid
          Phil Griffith Level 2

is it the serial number you are having trouble with, or the activation. You can't activate more than 3 instances of the software without deactivation of previous. Evidently, you probably didn't get a chance to deactivate your previous installs, and now it won't let you activate again. If that is the case, then a call to Adobe should straighten that out. If it's that you can't enter your serial number, then that's another matter. Still, a call to Adobe would be in order.

• 2. Re: Serial number no longer valid
            Alfie Apple Level 1

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the reply. I never deactivated because I didn't know

I had to, thanks I will try to get in touch with Adobe again.

I have sent them messages on the customer support page but heard nothing

from them.

The last telephone number I rang was for Activation over the phone

assuming I had a different number, like a request number or something so

that was a waste of time.

Do you know the correct telephone number to ring in the UK for somebody

in my situation.

Cheers Martin

• 3. Re: Serial number no longer valid
              Phil Griffith Level 2

Got this from support contact adobe. hope this helps.

Customer Service

United Kingdom: 0207 365 0733
              Ireland: 01242 1552

• 4. Re: Serial number no longer valid
                Eddie Lotter Level 4

Alfie, welcome to the forums.

Have a look at the section "Serial Numbers" on this page. It might have useful information for you.

Cheers
                Eddie

• 5. Re: Serial number no longer valid
                  Alfie Apple Level 1

Hi Eddie thanks for the info but I didn't get any joy from the webpage.

I'm still pulling my hair out. I know now what is wrong but don’t seem

to get the support people to understand

I have installed it too many times and uninstalled it. Thus loosing my

keys that get placed somewhere on the hard drive during install.

Adobe now think it is installed more than 3 times and have blocked my

serial number but I can not seem to make them see that I don’t have it

running on one computer yet never mind three of them. The reason for the

crash in the first place is the second dvd is corrupt it rattles like

hell in my drive and hangs up my system. Which is the reason for all the

installs, uninstalls etc. The place were I bought the software from PB

Software based in London UK will not even respond to my emails. And I

have found out the software came from the States and not the UK where I

thought I was buying it from.

Adobe uk said because its international English and not English English

they can not help me.

What a nightmare £600 down and cant use the software.

All I want them to do is to reset my serial number.

Do you know of any other number to contact.

Regards Martin

• 6. Re: Serial number no longer valid
                    Alfie Apple Level 1

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the number im still pulling my hair out. I know now

what is wrong but don’t seem to get the support people to understand

I have installed it too many times and uninstalled it thus loosing my

keys. Adobe now think it is installed more than 3 times and have blocked

my serial number but I can not seem to make them see that I don’t have

it running on one computer yet never mind three of them. The reason for

the crash in the first place is the second dvd is corrupt it rattles

like hell in my drive and hangs up my system. Which is the reason for

all the installs, uninstalls etc. The place were I bought the software

from PB Software based in London UK will not even respond to my emails.

And I have found out the software came from the States and not the UK

where I thought I was buying it from.

Adobe uk said because its international English and not English English

they can not help me.

What a nightmare £600 down and cant use the software.

All I want them to do is to reset my serial number.

Do you know of any other number to contact.

Regards Martin

• 7. Re: Serial number no longer valid
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

I would write (snail-mail - ink on paper and no electronic correspondence) directly to Adobe Customer Service. Outline exactly what you have done, from the moment that you purchased the software. Include copies of all paperwork, and attempt to document the various telephone calls.

Though I have not used any Adobe support, since it was mostly outsourced, I have found that Customer Service is very good, and they want to have satisfied customers. Now, the potentially "grey-market" aspect might be an issue, but much will depend on this company's reseller agreement.

I will bet that Customer Service can help you out, one way, or the other.

Good luck,

Hunt