5 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2009 9:02 PM by Michael Borbor

Fullscreen layout issues

twhitbeck

Hi.  I'm developing a flex application that I want to be fullscreen.  I'll describe how I'm accomplishing that and then explain my problem.

The layout of the mx:Application is "vertical".  Inside this I have a custom component with 100% width, followed by an HBox with width 100% and height 100%.  There are two VBoxes in this HBox, each with width 50% and height 100%.  Finally, beneath the HBox is another custom component with width 100%.

It looks great, but the problem is that the content of the 2nd VBox is dynamic, and as soon as it runs out of space, the entire application gets a scrollbar.  What I would like is for just that VBox to get its own scrollbar.  Here's my code, since it may be easier to understand than my description.

<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" layout="vertical"
                     horizontalScrollPolicy="off"
                     paddingBottom="0" paddingLeft="0" paddingRight="0" paddingTop="0">

<grovestand:topbar id="topbar1" width="100%" />

<mx:HBox id="hbox1" width="100%" height="100%" paddingLeft="5" paddingRight="5" paddingBottom="5" paddingTop="5">

<mx:VBox width="50%" height="100%" id="vbox1">

<grovestand:agendaList width="100%" height="100%" id="agenda1" />

</mx:VBox>

<mx:VBox width="50%" height="100%" id="rightpane">

<grovestand:rightPaneHeader width="100%" id="rightPaneHeader1"/>

<mx:HRule width="100%" />

<grovestand:calendarPane width="100%" height="100%" id="calendarPane1"/>
                     <grovestand:courseSummary width="100%" height="100%" id="courseSummary1"/>
                     <grovestand:agendaItemDetail width="100%" height="100%" id="agendaItemDetail1" />

</mx:VBox>

</mx:HBox>

<grovestand:chatModule id="chatModule1" width="100%" paddingLeft="5" paddingRight="5" paddingBottom="5" />

</mx:Application>

So if it's possible, I'd like for just the "rightpane" VBox get a scroll bar when it runs out of room, rather than just the whole application getting a scrollbar.  Any help greatly appreciated!