1 Reply Latest reply on May 5, 2009 7:29 AM by peteandrus

CSS load causing htmlText font change?

peteandrus Level 1

I have a TextArea object being displayed in a TabNavigator object. The htmlText property is bound to a String that reads in the CDATA contents in an XML file. The file might look like this:

<!DOCTYPE root>

<root>

<page1><![CDATA[<font face="Courier"> SOME TEXT THAT I NEED TO DISPLAY IN COURIER FONT</font>]]></page1>

<page2><![CDATA[<font face="Courier"> SOME MORE TEXT THAT I NEED TO DISPLAY IN COURIER FONT</font>]]></page2>

<page3><![CDATA[<font face="Courier"> EVEN MORE TEXT THAT I NEED TO DISPLAY IN COURIER FONT</font>]]></page3>

<page4><![CDATA[<font face="Courier"> I STILL HAVE MORE TEXT THAT I NEED TO DISPLAY IN COURIER FONT</font>]]></page4>

</root>

I initially load this into the String (which is bound to htmlText), and everything displays fine in Courier font (I need Courier because it is fixed-width and i'm working with legacy reports that rely on this, as ridiculous as that sounds...). I simply grab the node 'page1' and load it's text child into the String. However, when i make a call to load 'page 2', the font changes to something else, i think the default font or something. If i then load page1 again, i get the same font. It's like the htmlText suddenly ignores the font tag in the CDATA or something. i know the actual tag is in there, since i checked it in a variable drilldown in FB.

Any ideas what might be causing this? thanks