4 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2009 11:27 AM by Jim_Simon

how to search only the forum to which i am logged on?

maybethisllwork Level 1

why did adobe change the forums format and make them immensely harder to use? given the arrival of windows vista as another example of making something that was easy now hard to do, this behavior may be a new software-industry standard. ubuntu here i come. :=)

i can see how to search all of adobe or all forums, but i can't figure out how to search only the forum to which i am logged on.

--david

• 1. Re: how to search only the forum to which i am logged on?
          Curt Wrigley Level 4

This is a common complaint with the new forums.

Its possible but not real friendly...

Do your search which will return results from all forums.  Ignore the results and click the link "more options" under the search bar.  From there you can select from a really long list of adobe forums.

• 2. Re: how to search only the forum to which i am logged on?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Yes, grumble, grumble, complain, it's not so easy now. I will say that the Option to add the poster to the Search criteria is nice, as I can go looking for Curt Wrigley's comments. Still, unless you know everything about the post, I find the new forum methods more difficult to use - maybe I just need a refresher in Boolean 101...

Hunt

• 3. Re: how to search only the forum to which i am logged on?
              Harm Millaard Level 7
              maybe I just need a refresher in Boolean 101...

You know of course that counting in binary is the same as counting in decimal if you are all thumbs?

• 4. Re: how to search only the forum to which i am logged on?
                Jim_Simon Level 8

why did adobe change the forums format and make them immensely harder to use?

Why did Adobe remove the immensely useful Home/End clip shortcuts for a couple versions of Premiere Pro?  Why did Adobe change the perfect method of subclip handling from 6.5 and still hasn't implemented it correctly in any version of Premiere Pro?

These are all mysteries of the universe which no one can answer logically, because there just is no logical answer for Adobe's decisions on these subjects.  Any pretend answer given will be inherently illogical.

The only real 'answer' one can give is that Adobe employees are human, and like all humans, are occasionally prone to irrationality.  They make bad decisions.  It's unfortunate that no one higher up than the individuals who made all three of the listed irrational decisions was in place to say "Hey, numbnuts, what the hell are you thinking?  Put it back the way it was."  Or at least not there to say that before we had to suffer the consequences of such irrationality, conceeding that such a person has finally corrected the Home/End clip shortcut fiasco started in 2.0.