1 Reply Latest reply on May 5, 2009 5:14 AM by Ghe1982

[Beginner Question] Problem configuring channels

Ghe1982

Hi,

I am completely new to AdobeFlex3 and I am trying some simple test invoking java classes.

I started from the BlazeDSTurnkey and Flex3 Builder, and I ran succesfully some of the examples.

To make my own tests, I created a new project called "ematest", configured in the folder "C:\BlazeDS\tomcat\webapps\ematest" with FlexBuilder.

I created a simple button that invokes my java class on click and I encounter this problem:

when I click the button, I get this error:

[CODE]

[RPC Fault faultString="Send failed" faultCode="Client.Error.MessageSend" faultDetail="Channel.Connect.Failed error NetConnection.Call.Failed: HTTP: Failed: url: 'http://127.0.0.1:8400/ematest/messagebroker/amf'"]

at mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::faultHandler()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\p rojects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\AbstractInvoker.as:220]

at mx.rpc::Responder/fault()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\Responder .as:53]

at mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/fault()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\AsyncR equest.as:103]

at mx.messaging::ChannelSet/faultPendingSends()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\rpc\s rc\mx\messaging\ChannelSet.as:1482]

at mx.messaging::ChannelSet/channelFaultHandler()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\rpc \src\mx\messaging\ChannelSet.as:975]

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()

at mx.messaging::Channel/connectFailed()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\m essaging\Channel.as:997]

at mx.messaging.channels::PollingChannel/connectFailed()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\proje cts\rpc\src\mx\messaging\channels\PollingChannel.as:354]

at mx.messaging.channels::AMFChannel/statusHandler()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\ rpc\src\mx\messaging\channels\AMFChannel.as:390]

[/CODE]

In fact I think it is something related to the channel configuration, but I just copied the "Test Drive Sample 3" configuration files (changing only the "remote-config.xml" to point my java class), so the channel configurations aren't changed.

Can someone help me ?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: [Beginner Question] Problem configuring channels
          Ghe1982 Level 1

Ok,

I solved the problem and I am posting here the solution.

I missed the configuration of the "messagebroker servlet" in the web.xml file.

Adding this:

<!-- MessageBroker Servlet -->

<servlet>

<servlet-name>MessageBrokerServlet</servlet-name>

<display-name>MessageBrokerServlet</display-name>

<servlet-class>flex.messaging.MessageBrokerServlet</servlet-class>

<init-param>

<param-name>services.configuration.file</param-name>

<param-value>/WEB-INF/flex/services-config.xml</param-value>

</init-param>

<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>

</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>

<servlet-name>MessageBrokerServlet</servlet-name>

<url-pattern>/messagebroker/*</url-pattern>

</servlet-mapping>

To the web.xml file will solve the problem.