5 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2009 7:11 AM by the_wine_snob

white lines on movie exported in DVD

antonio_ing Level 1

ehi guys. I did just a nice movie with the suggestions of some members of this forum but at the end the quality of a 30minutes movie exported in DVD was not so much principally because of some white lines present in some pieces of the movie. These white lines are not clearly detectable, but still they disturb the vision. I guessed that this effect was  due to the low ram of my laptop (512MB). is that correct?

• 1. Re: white lines on movie exported in DVD
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Antonio,

Where are you seeing these white lines - set-top player, computer with software DVD player?

What were your original Assets in your Project?

My *guess* would be that these were Field Reversal problems, but that is only a guess.

Can you do a screen-cap to show an example, and post it to the forum? That *could* take a lot of the guesswork out of the process of troubleshooting.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: white lines on movie exported in DVD
            antonio_ing Level 1

actually i have detected the white lines only on TV by means of a DVD player. In the PC it was fine. I don't have the movie with me because i did that in another town. I used NTSC with 48 kHz audio resolution without playing too much with the preferences, so they were as default. What can i do to get rid of this lines, if possible?

• 3. Re: white lines on movie exported in DVD
              Paul_LS Level 4

When do the white lines appear? When there is motion or panning of the camcorder or are they random? And are they actual lines of white? A screen capture would really help.

• 4. Re: white lines on movie exported in DVD
                antonio_ing Level 1

i know, but i do not have it. The lines appear in all the screen like something you can barely recognize. The strange fact was that in the first part of the movie everything was fine, after 5 mins (same DV cassette) this phenomenon starts. I'll try to find more details as soon as possible

• 5. Re: white lines on movie exported in DVD
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

It sounds like it *could* be an interlacing issue, especially as it appears on the TV, and not the computer. Chances are that the computer's progressive scan masks this issue, while the TV's internaced display shows it.

Now, are all of the source Clips on the same Timeline the same? Were they all Captured via PE from a miniDV camera, over a Firewire connection, or are the from mixed sources? Having this problem come in during the play of the DVD indicates that it might be some of the source files, but not all of them.

More detail on the Clips would help. In the Project Panel, you can get the properties of each of your source Clips. Listing those would be a good start.

Good luck,

Hunt

[Edit] Antonio,

If it is a Field Reversal interlacing issue, you might get some useful information from this current discussion.