• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording mic and system audio at the same time with Adobe Captivate 3 on a laptop

Sep 12, 2008 Sep 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,
Is it possible to record mic and system audio at the same time with Adobe Captivate3? I need to be able to narrate while recording with system audio output. Unfortunately, Captivate allows me to choose only one or another.
I tried using my laptop's "stereo mix" feature but it seems that captivate3 decides on its own what wave device to choose.
Thanks all,
Vick
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 15, 2008 Sep 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions for me to try.
Thanks all,
Vick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2008 Sep 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Vick

There are actually a couple of ways you might accomplish this goal.

1. Visit a Radio Shack or similar place and purchase a splitter cable that allows connecting both the Speaker out and Microphone to the Mike or Line In input.

2. Purchase an external mixer device that you would connect the Speaker out and Mike to, then feed that back into the Microphone or Line In input. Then set that input as the recording channel for Captivate.

When I think about it, both are the same approach. You are just using different hardware to accomplish the goal.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 18, 2008 Sep 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,
Did you actually have a chance to try it yourself?
The reason I am asking is that when I try to apply one of the methods you describe, I get a very bad feedback loop, which is not surprising, considering the fact that I am feeding output signal back into the computer via line-in.
Is there, for example, any software mixer that will allow me to record from more than one input source? Is the only option for me left to record voice over?

Thanks,
Vick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2008 Sep 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Vick

Actually I have used this method myself. I carry a small patch cable with me. At the time, I wanted to capture a song I had purchased from iTunes. I wanted to put part of that song into Captivate. It was protected and wouldn't allow me to use it in any way. So I acquired the patch cable, plugged it into my speaker output and my microphone input. Then played and recorded. Seemed to work a treat.

However, I was using a different recording software and not Captivate. Maybe that's why I didn't experience your feedback issue. I'm not sure how Captivate may react. I just recorded separately, then imported the result into Captivate.

As with anything, I guess the automakers' advice is relevant here. Your mileage may vary.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources