7 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2009 2:32 PM by eveln

slide style plugins

eveln

Are there any slide style plugins for Adobe Premiere Elements?  I'm referring to something like what is used in Proshow Producer where you can pick a style for a group of photos.  I don't like the themes that come with PE.  The slide styles in Proshow Producer actually move the slides around in different formats.

Does anyone know of any slide styles that would work with PE?

• 1. Re: slide style plugins
          the_wine_snob Level 9

I believe that the Themes will be the only option, other than doing it all by hand.

Can you Export from ProShow Producer as a DV-AVI, for Import into PE for final editing?

Hunt

[Edit] You might want to ask over at Muvipix, since a lot of folk there use ProShow Gold & Producer. They might know of available plug-ins, or have other ideas for you. You will want to hit the "Communities" tab. You can post/read without signing up, but signing up is free. There is also some free material (after you sign up), and a wealth of material available with a subscription. Well worth the $.

Good luck

• 2. Re: slide style plugins
            Paul_LS Level 4

No slide styles in PE7 other than the Themes... I suppose the nearest may be the Picture-in-Picture presets with the preset movements. So a picture would move say from the left to the right, or diagonally picture-in-picture style.

• 3. Re: slide style plugins
              eveln Level 1

Thank you both for your reply.  I can import from Proshow Producer, but right now I only have the trial version, and I don't really want to purchase it just for the styles.  I prefer working with Premiere Elements.

Thank you anyway.  Maybe Adobe will eventually come up with some styles.

• 4. Re: slide style plugins
                the_wine_snob Level 9

One additional thought: do you have, or have you explored Photoshop Elements? It has quite a few Slideshow features, and interfaces with PE nicely. I have never used it, but many do for Slideshows. Again, the Muvipix community also uses PSE a lot, and might have some ideas.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: slide style plugins
                  eveln Level 1

Yes I have used Photoshop slideshow features, but it's not what I'm looking for.  I can do the effects myself, but it takes so long, that I was hoping to find a plugin to do it all for me.

• 6. Re: slide style plugins
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

I understand. I'd say that the ProShow program is probably as good as it gets. Over on Muvipix, it gets great reviews. A lot of folk use both Gold and Producer.

Since I do all of my slide shows manually (yes, a ton of work, but with 100% control), I use PrPro for all. There are very few "automated" features, but then I treat each image as unique, and need to animate them as such.

If you have not found any problems with ProShow, you might want to think about the investment. Also, do post to Muvipix, as you'll get a bunch of helpful replies.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: slide style plugins
                      eveln Level 1

Thank you for your help.  I will consider buying it.