2 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2009 4:41 AM by milo30558

Flash Player 9 script stopping me from accessing chat

milo30558

Hi everyone,

I have an iMac OS X 10.3.9 (Panther, PPC G3) I am running Firefox 2 and Flash Player 9. Flash Player works ok for everything (a little slow though with videos), except it won't work for my online chat community. When I log in it initializes, authenticates and immediately gives this error "A script in flash player is causing this movie to run slow, if it continues your computer may become unresponsive. Would you like to abort the script?" If I click YES it only loads a quarter of the chat window, if I click NO it loads the whole window and I get about 8 lines of chat flashing on screen, then it disconnects from the server. I have tried uninstalling Flash Player, reinstalling it....changing integers in about:config to the highest timeout...emptying cache and cookies..checking firewall settings...checking port settings... Nothing works. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I volunteer with this online community and need to be able to get into chat.

Thanks,

Milo

Oh, and I am on cable internet...

Message was edited by: milo30558

• 1. Re: Flash Player 9 script stopping me from accessing chat
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That type of error often shows up when a Flash file is stuck in an infinite loop.  Is the chat module something that has worked for you in the past or is it being tested for the first time?  If it's a new design, you should probably look into whatever you have in the code that might have an open ended loop, some loop that relies on a variable to be a certain value, and check that value.  Also, if it's new, what methodology/code are you using for the refresh aspect?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Flash Player 9 script stopping me from accessing chat
            milo30558 Level 1

Thank you for replying,

I did not create this script. I had gotten this iMac from a pawn shop..no browser...I went to another location, downloaded Firefox 2, burned it to cd, installed it on this iMac and needed the updated Flash Player and Java. I found Flash Player 9 and updated Java. My chat community added a new flash chat ( I think it is PPV) instead of html chat and now I cannot access it. It has been 5 months since I could get oline with them because of this Flash Player script error. I am at a loss as of what to do.  The error comes from Flash Player 9.."A movie in Flash Player 9 is running slow, if it continues to run your computer may become unresponsive..would you like to abort script?"  I would greatly appreciate any help you could give me as to how to fix this problem.

Thank You,

Milo

And btw, your statement about infinite loop sounds right on...is there any way I could fix that? Or do I need to change some other setting with Flash Player? Perhaps download a fix?