3 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2009 11:12 AM by the_wine_snob

How do I get my audio to work on PE4?

keeker75

I have a new computer and PE 4 was installed on it, but I can't hear any audio.  I can't hear in my imported clips, audio files or on my timeline.  Anyone know how to get the audio to work?

• 1. Re: How do I get my audio to work on PE4?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

First, do you hear Audio in other programs on the computer?

If so, head on down this reply. If not, then you will want to make sure that your Audio settings in the OS, and possibly the Audio card's console are set correctly first.

If you do have Audio elsewhere, look on the Toolbar at the top of PE, and click on Edit. There, go to Preferences>Audio Hardware.and choose ASIO Settings. This will bring up a dialog box and you will need to place checkmarks in your Audio cards DirectSound Output Port list and Input Port list.

In Sync Reference, DirectSound Input's radio button should be set (right-hand side of box), and for Card Options, Full Duplex checked.

While you're there, check as to what your Audio card is, in case we need to troubleshoot more. It also pays to get the latest driver (these can change weekly) for your particular card.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: How do I get my audio to work on PE4?
            keeker75 Level 1

Thank you so much!  It is working now.

• 3. Re: How do I get my audio to work on PE4?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Great! Some programs will do the Audio setup at installation. Most Adobe programs require the user to choose the settings. One reason for this is the number of possible choices available and especially with their "pro" software, it's likely that the user will have more than one Audio card/system available.

Do not forget to update your Audio driver though, especially if you have a Realtek. A new machine will probably ship with drivers that are months old. Like I mentioned, some drivers are updated weekly.

Thanks for reporting,

Hunt