4 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2009 5:49 AM by Ned Murphy

Problem Changing Layer Names

TCC-Adobe

Quick question. I double click on the layer name to be able to change it. It flickers to an editable box then back to non-editable. This is frustrating as I can't name any of my layers. Is there another way to edit this? Or does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

• 1. Re: Problem Changing Layer Names
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You aren't doing anything wrong per your description.  An alternate way is to right click on the layer and select Properties in the menu that pops up.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Problem Changing Layer Names
            TCC-Adobe Level 1

Well that worked! (c8 Still can't double click. Its like it is registering the double click, opening it up to edit then thinks that I am clicking again with an outside focus. Doesn't make sense. But, at least now I can change the names. Thank you!

I would mark this as answered, but, still am wondering why it is loosing the edit focus.

• 3. Re: Problem Changing Layer Names
              TCC-Adobe Level 1

Though the issue is not resolved 100%. I was provided with an alternate way of changing the layer name by right clicking on the layer and going to properties.

• 4. Re: Problem Changing Layer Names
                Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It doesn't really matter to me how you decide to delegate points, but your questions were answered.  You didn't ask why it isn't working properly, and I doubt anyone here could answer that--if you're using CS4, anything is possible considering all the problems/bugs that have come up regarding it.

It could have something to do with the way you're doing it, but by your limited description of double-clicking it, which is the right way to access it, that isn't determinable.  If you double click it, the label should be opened for editing and the text selected, so you should be able to immediately start typing a new label after double clicking.