1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 13, 2008 7:06 PM by pixlor

Creating Dreamweaver templates in fireworks

jonzi_456
      Hello there,

I have just created a image in fireworks CS3 that i would like to use as the basic template in a website. Now i dont want it to simply be set as a background on the site, i am trying to put it into dreamweaver so that i can edit on top of the template. So i can put text in, hyperlinks, tables images etc. As it stands, i am farely new to fireworks and dreamweaver, as you can probably tell. If this fireworks is the wrong peice of software for creating templates to be used in dreamweaver, could you please recomommend a peice of software i should use instead.

Thanks a lot

- Ryan
        • 1. Re: Creating Dreamweaver templates in fireworks
          pixlor Level 4
          quote:

Originally posted by: jonzi_456
          Hello there,

I have just created a image in fireworks CS3 that i would like to use as the basic template in a website. Now i dont want it to simply be set as a background on the site, i am trying to put it into dreamweaver so that i can edit on top of the template. So i can put text in, hyperlinks, tables images etc. As it stands, i am farely new to fireworks and dreamweaver, as you can probably tell. If this fireworks is the wrong peice of software for creating templates to be used in dreamweaver, could you please recomommend a peice of software i should use instead.

Thanks a lot

- Ryan

Use Dreamweaver, of course.

Fireworks is a graphics program. It is not designed to produce robust HTML, much less templates for Dreamweaver. Fireworks' HTML is for mockup/prototype use only. Use Fireworks to create your mockups, then your Web site graphics.

Dreamweaver is a heavy-duty Web site design, development, and production program. Use Dreamweaver to build an HTML page based on your Fireworks image, then use Dreamweaver's Save as Template command, making sure to mark areas where you want to be able to enter/edit content. After that, you can create new pages using your template.

Good luck!