Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video/Audio sync problems

Sep 10, 2008 Sep 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to make screen captures of someone using a Web site that involves a lot of rollover/mouseover activity. I found the best way to capture everything that's happening is to use the full motion capture feature of Captivate. When I try to publish the .cp file, however, and play the result, the audio and video get completely out of sync. Has anyone else experienced audio/video sync problems? Does anyone have ideas for how to re-sync them easily? I have access to Flash and Final Cut Pro, but I was hoping to find an automated solution, since I have over 200 .cp files that I need to publish. By the way, I'm using Captivate 3.
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2009 Nov 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure out a solution? HAving the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full motion recording can really make things complicated.  I've found that the more you chunk into separate slides the more control you have.  Try recording just one task, then stop recording, then press Print screen to create another slide, then record the next task, stop recording etc.

You'll probably end up with lots of slides you have to delete, but each task should be in its own movie--on its own slide.  Then record each audio chunk for each task, and voila!

Hope this helps. --Leslie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

In addition to what Leslie offered (which is good advice) I've seen others report success by staging the audio to begin slightly after the slide starts. Perhaps .3 .4 or .5 seconds into each slide.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 18, 2009 Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's a 'best practices' trick I've used since C2 days.  I duplicate the first slide and add all my "rest of project" graphics.  (I call this my "loading slide").  Then I set this slide to about 0.2 seconds and NEVER add audio or an interaction that stops progress to slide 2.  The audio starts on slide 2.  Then to make sure the audio stops at the end, I duplicate the last slide, remove the audio, and set the "end" slide to 0.2 seconds.  I never get any audio lag at the begining or audio crossover when the next file fires up.  --Leslie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources