I am not sure what drives the list in the RoboHelp Styles dropdown. If you click the Edit button and you will see a list with a few more styles including Normal. Also you can create other styles there.
If you edit Normal, then it will appear in the RH Styles list. You can also add your other styles and create mapping, if you wish. If you don't map, then RH will handle it as per the help, so no need to map unless you want the style to change on import.
I think the help comments for you to raise are it would help if the what drives the default list was explained and why it does not tally with the list when you click Edit (the latter part could be a bug, not sure).
See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips
RoboHelp 8 uses the file "RHStyleMapping.css" by default for Style-Mapping.
You can use any other project css file or your own css file also, instead of using this file for Style-Mapping.
You need to perform the following steps:-
- Select menu "File->Project Settings...", the "Project Settings" dialog will be opened.
- Go to "Import" tab.
- Go to the setting "CSS for Style Mapping". Here you can see that "RHStyleMapping.css" file is currently selected in the drop-down list.
- You can select any other project css file including "default.css" in this drop-down list for Style Mapping.
- But, If you want to use some other css file which is currently outside project, then go to the next step.
- Click "Add" button in front of the css file drop-down.
- This will display the "Open" dialog, where you can select your own css file e.g. "MyMappingStyles.css" and press "Open" button.
- The "MyMappingStyles.css" will be displayed now instead of "RHStyleMapping.css" and your styles will be displayed in the Mapping dialog.
As far as your other query is concerned that why some extra styles are visible in Style Editor?
There are some inherited styles e.g. Normal, Heading 1, .....Heading 6, etc. which are displayed in every css.
You can hide them by selecting the check-box "Hide inherited styles" on the Style Editor.
(RoboHelp Engineering Team)