Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Branches stopped working (Capt 3)

Explorer ,
May 07, 2009 May 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I'm working on a scored simulation that has several slides that have both a text box and a click box that will lead in different directions.  (The program has multiple ways of accomplishing the same task.)  I've done this before and it has worked just fine.  As I've been working, I periodically publish to make sure things are working and up until yesterday they did.

Now, when I publish in Flash, or preview in Captivate, only the text boxes function, the click boxes (with or without shortcut keys) seem to be ignored.

I tried copying just the branched slides to a new project to troubleshoot, and after re-setting the interactions they work.  So I copied them back and hid the originals.  They don't work again, (when I compare them they have identical settings).  The project has several branches so I'm hoping to avoid 'just copy everything to a new project, reset EVERY interaction, and hope it works.'

BTW - I'm doing this for a client that hasn't upgraded to version 4 yet, so I need to develop in version 3.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks for your help,

Jenny N

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , May 07, 2009 May 07, 2009

Hi there

Perhaps investigate your Quiz settings. Sometimes folks configure the Quiz Settings so ALL questions must be answered before continuing. Then they wonder why they cannot skip over a question slide to a slide beyond it.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Perhaps investigate your Quiz settings. Sometimes folks configure the Quiz Settings so ALL questions must be answered before continuing. Then they wonder why they cannot skip over a question slide to a slide beyond it.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was it!  I figured it would be something simple.

Thank you!

Jenny N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources