• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Context-Sensitive help into merged projects

Sep 02, 2008 Sep 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Anybody knowing whether it is possible to 'link' map-id's from merged projects into the 'root'-project or not. I'd like to do this in order to use context-sensitve help from within our application.

Thanx
Christian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Sep 02, 2008 Sep 02, 2008
Hi, Christian, and welcome,

Yes, it is possible to channel all the context help calls though the master .chm file. However, the process requires you to make changes to your map and alias files outside RoboHelp, and also to add a "redirector" topic to the master .chm file — so it is not straightforward. See this page:

http://helpware.net/htmlhelp/how_to_merge_ctx2.htm

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Sep 02, 2008 Sep 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Christian, and welcome,

Yes, it is possible to channel all the context help calls though the master .chm file. However, the process requires you to make changes to your map and alias files outside RoboHelp, and also to add a "redirector" topic to the master .chm file — so it is not straightforward. See this page:

http://helpware.net/htmlhelp/how_to_merge_ctx2.htm

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 03, 2008 Sep 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete

Thanx a lot for your info!
You are right: it's not straightforward at all... And a pitty it opens only the content of the child-chm.

Anyway, another problem concerns me more and I have no clou where it must be done: If I click a link on a help page, I want the content pane to open the tree accordingly. But it does'nt by default. We have older project here, were this works just well but I could not find any differences between mine and them. And people here seem to have forgotten about it :-(
Thanks for any idea.

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 03, 2008 Sep 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Just found anther issue in the forum which solves my last concern 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp