Expand my Community achievements bar.

Siebel Integration with Adobe LiveCycle through Web Services

Level 2

I am new to Adobe LiveCycle and I have very little knowledge in Adobe LiveCycle. What we are planning is to send a PDF from Siebel to Adobe LiveCycle and that should extract the data from PDF and return the data back to Siebel. I think this can be done through Web Services. If anyone has any idea, kindly let me know.

thanks

6 Replies

Former Community Member

Can you please qualify the question?

Are you asking if the LiveCycle ES server solution can extract data from a PDF and send the data back to Siebel, are you asking if a form can be created in LiveCycle Designer that would facilitate data extraction by the LiveCycle ES server solution, or both?

Steve

Level 2

steve,

I need both, I want to design a form in LiveCycle Designer, and would like attach that in siebel with data and send that form to Adobe LiveCycle so that it can extract that PDF and give data back to Siebel.

Thanks,

Former Community Member

I am not sure why you need to send a PDF form from Siebel to a LiveCycle ES server-side process, to have LiveCycle send data back to Siebel, when the data came from Siebel in the first place. It is more typical that applications send data to LiveCycle to have the data merged with a form template to render PDF.

Regardless, there are a variety of solutions depending upon your solution requirements, business requirements, infrastructure, client-server preferences, security requirements, etcetera, to do what you are seeking. LiveCycle ES processes expose endpoints to consume data from a variety of protocols and formats, including SOAP, EJB (RMI), email, LiveCycle remoting (for Flex clients), and watched folders.

A solution could be as simple as dropping an XDP-based PDF into a network folder, the PDF would be consumed by LiveCycle, a process extracts the data from the PDF, and a Web Service pushes the data back to Siebel.

Steve

Level 1

Steve,

I may be in the wrong thread.

I simply want to be able to create a RFQ (Request for Quote) PDF form with Adobe LiveCycle that has editable form fields and drop downs--this I'm able to do. My boss then wants the form posted to our website and have the ability to be downloaded by the client. He also wants the form data to be "auto-emailed" to us, but kept in the PDF format (not as .xls or text format). So it would be a PDF with form fields, emailed to us.

I may just use the older version of Acrobat and do it "manually", as I don't have tons of experience with the LiveCycle program.

Thanks for your help.

Sarah Ripley

Level 2

Thanks for your reply Steve.

Can you please guide me about the steps that I need to follow in Adobe LiveCycle for consuming the PDF from network folder, and what steps I need to include in the process so that it extracts the PDF and sends the data back to Siebel.

Thanks,

Pavan

Level 2

Steve,

Is there any documentation which I can refer to work with the processes and web services?

Thanks,

Pavan