7 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2009 3:35 PM by the_wine_snob

Another Blu-ray problem

Tim Flippance Level 1

While burning my 26 minute HDV film to Blu-ray, it was 546MB into the 3.18GB burn, when it suddenly stopped and produced a window saying

Runtime Error!

Program:C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Encore CS4\Adobe Encore.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way

Please contact the applications support team for more information

It's Friday evening so I can't do that till Monday.  What has happened?  The previous time I tried to burn a disc it did the same, but the time before that it burned all the way through OK (and plays OK).  All the settings were the same. The only thing that has changed is I'm using a disc made by a different manufacturer.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Another Blu-ray problem
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Tim,

There have been some Runtime errors reported. Most seem to involve installation, though some occur during work.

MS has re-written some of the Runtime .DLL's. These are available on the MS site. Please check carefully for your specific OS version number, as there were several downloadable .DLL's and you want to get the correct one.

Please report if this helps with your particular issue and good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Another Blu-ray problem
            Tim Flippance Level 1

Hunt

Thanks for the quick reply.

So you're saying it is an OS error rather than an Encore error?

What does DLL stand for?

Tim

• 3. Re: Another Blu-ray problem
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Tim,

I'm saying that it COULD be an OS error. As stated, most of the Runtime errors were around installation, though not all. The Runtime .DLL is part of the C++ language segment of the OS. DLL is Dynamic Link Library, and these files contain the "instructions" for various aspects of programs and the OS.

The references that I quickly located in the Adobe Knowledgebase were for older OS's and all seemed to involve installation errors.

Good luck,

Hunt

[Edit] Here is a LINK to an Adobe Tech Note.

• 4. Re: Another Blu-ray problem
                the_wine_snob Level 9

I also believe that the PrPro-wiki has some articles on Runtime errors. Will post those links, when I get a moment.

Hunt

• 6. Re: Another Blu-ray problem
                  Tim Flippance Level 1

Hunt

I looked at that link but it was mainly to do with installation problems. However I have  had another try at burning and now it burns fine all the way through, and did so for 2 discs. I didn't do anything different, so I don't know what was wrong before?

I also did a DVD copy for a friend and the quality was not too good, so I wish now I'd read Jeff Bellune's 4 May post to pebalsamo first!

Tim

• 7. Re: Another Blu-ray problem
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Tim,

You are correct. The RunTime error seems to crop up more during installation, than when a program is in use. Still, was hoping that an updated RunTime.dll might do it for you. Obviously, your computer knew you were about to do something to it, kinda' like the HAL9000 in 2001. It then decided to "behave!"

I'm glad to hear that you got your Project burned. I hope that the RunTime error never surfaces. If it does, "threaten" your computer again - might just work a second time. I wish that we knew what caused the error, but sometimes the end result is all we can ask for. If it crops up again, note any dialog that might be involved. Also, a close look at the Event Viewer in both the System and the Applications tabs might give some useful info.

Good luck,

Hunt