• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link directly to a topic page with navigation shown

New Here ,
May 08, 2009 May 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be able to email users the hyperlink to a specific page in my html docs (Webhelp pro). Currently if i do so the navigation components aren't shown - instead there is a little "Show" hyplink in the top left hand corner which they have to click on. Is there a way to change this so that the navigation components are shown by default when directly opening a page?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Make sure you are displaying the Address bar in your browser. Then click that Show link and note what appears in the address bar. At least that's one way to achieve it with basic WebHelp and FlashHelp.

As you said you are using WebHelp Pro, this would mean you are using the RoboHelp Server. And if that's the case there may be a different way you have to link.

If you are using WebHelp Pro and RoboHelp Server and this works, please post back and advise.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that works - the address that appears in the address bar after showing the navigation contents works as described and can be emailed to users.

We're using WebHelp pro but not the server. The files are being hosted on MS Sharepoint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

WebHelp Pro is intended for use with RoboHelp Server. Some folks see the "Pro" in the name and somehow feel it's got to be better than basic WebHelp. The fact is, It's simply a different type of output and nothing is gained.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again

I'm amending my reply to read:

...The fact is, It's simply a different type of output and nothing is gained...

I should have been more specific. What was intended was to convey that as you are using RoboHelp Server, nothing is gained by choosing WebHelp Pro as your output.

If, however, you were using RoboHelp Server, there would be some advantages to using WebHelp Pro as your output.

• Ability to restrict access to certain areas using permissions
  • Ability to track how many times a particular topic was viewed

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp