4 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2009 12:19 PM by Films4U

Audio Clip Problem

Films4U

I'm running Premiere Pro CS3 on Win XP Sp3.  When I import a sound clip, the last 15 seconds, or so, are gone.  The clip length is not changed.  It's just that there is no sound for the last 15 seconds.  The clip sounds as it should when I play it with Windows Medial Player, so it's not a file problem.  Is there a setting in Premiere Pro CS3 for this that I am missing that will allow me to work with the whole clip?

Thanks in advance,

Linda

• 1. Re: Audio Clip Problem
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Have you tried importing it again with a freshly started project?

• 2. Re: Audio Clip Problem
            Films4U Level 1

Ann, thank you for your reply.  I did not do that but I the source of my sound file was a Soundbooth edited file.  I initially saved the file with the problem as Uncompressed, but went back and saved it as a IMA compression at 4400 & stereo and now it works fine.

• 3. Re: Audio Clip Problem
              the_wine_snob Level 9

A question, please: were your original SB files PCM/WAV 48KHz 16-bit? If they were and they did not work, I am then puzzled why a 44.1KHz file would work perfectly.

There have been several reports of Audio files being truncated, not in length, but in the Audio signal. Most have been CODEC related and have also been muxed Audio & Video files. Your case is a bit different.

Just trying to get my head around this, and appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Audio Clip Problem
                Films4U Level 1

I originally saved the files as Uncompressed, 48000, 16 bit, stereo in Soundbooth CS3 and they were truncated in audio signal, not length in Premiere CS3.  I tried saving them as IMA ADPCM, 44100, 16 bit, stereo in Soundbooth CS3 and it was not truncated in Premiere CS3.

I must tell you though that I've had other .avi files captured from videotape that were working great and then they truncated.  Luckily, I had other earlier takes on the clip that I could use.

It would be great to know what is causing this truncating problem.  If I can provide more info, please let me know.

Linda