1 Reply Latest reply on May 13, 2009 12:15 AM by plarsen@mail.tele.dk

5.1 Digital Surround Sound Output

Ian Samson

So what I need is to learn if AA3 has the ability for me to play only those First Violins (Rear Left), Second Violins, Piccolo, Oboe, Clarinet (Front Left), Brass Section & Cymbals (Front Right), Woodwind section (Center), Pipe Organ 16' bass, Timpani & Percussion etc (Sub-woofer), Double Bass (right rear), Violas, Keyboards, Organs, etc (Front Right).

Does anyone know how I can do this?

I need to experience what an Orchestra Conductor hears by digitizing through Multi-Track the ability to hear what he hears, but extended almost 360 degrees. My source material is mono-aural John Phillip Souza's marches recorded in the 1960s through Reader's Digest, who have given their permission for this type of work to be done.

I want to have the resulting tracks using MixDown back to 2 channel stereo in .WAV format but in 5.1 digital output in MP3 or MP4 format for all our cellphones that have MP3 players. If I can come up with my own arrangements of my own compositions, or my own arrangements of others' compositions that I have helped to "orchestrate", then this is the sound I need. Anyone with a digital home theatre system will appreciate the forethought gone into creating something of this magnitude.

• 1. Re: 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Output
          plarsen@mail.tele.dk Level 1

Hi Ian,

this system has the design feature of discarding standard usenet quotes and

anything thereafter, but not writing usenet style would be confusing to any

other user of the miserable, bodged, offline feature of this here

re-invented messaging system. Consequently I'll try to beat the design issue

with a different quoting prefix ... just in case I'll re-iterate the main

point made up here: you can not uncook a stew.