13 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2009 9:30 AM by the_wine_snob

Please help! I feel like pulling my hair out!! Agh! :(

xx_foxxyd_xx

I have premier pro cs4. When i make a video and export it, it comes out tiny! Like theres a big border around it. Ive tried changing the size and it doesnt  work. Ive been struggling for HOURS pleeeease help!

• 2. Re: Please help! I feel like pulling my hair out!! Agh! :(
          xx_foxxyd_xx Level 1

Thanks. Ive been doing that but im not finding any answers its really frustrating!

• 3. Re: Please help! I feel like pulling my hair out!! Agh! :(
            Harm Millaard Level 7

Click on the links I gave you in the previous post.

• 4. Re: Please help! I feel like pulling my hair out!! Agh! :(
              Eric Addison User Group Manager

You need to tell us more about what you are trying to output and the settings you are using...that sounds to be the problem, What kind of footage is it?

• 5. Re: Please help! I feel like pulling my hair out!! Agh! :(
                xx_foxxyd_xx Level 1

Ok, this is exactly what i did: when i created a new profect i didnt change anything. The tile safe area was at 20 and the action safe at 10. (i have no idea what they do so i left them) I just changed the display format to frames. i edited a bunch of wmv videos together for a compilation type thing. Then i went to export >> Format: microsoft avi. Preset: NTSC DV thats all i changed, anything else was an automatic preset in the program. Then when it was all exported and encoded and what not it came out tiny. Thats all i can tell you coz thats all i did. I just started using this today by the way!

I appreciate the replys by the way.

• 6. Re: Please help! I feel like pulling my hair out!! Agh! :(
                  joshtownsend Level 2

If you really want to solve your problem you have to tell us the PAR, resolution and codec of the files you are rendering. Then tell us what PAR, resolution and codec you want to save it to.

There's no way around it. If you want help you need to tell us this stuff man.

The way your going about is the same as calling a car repair station and asking them how to fix yout car because it won't start. Need more info than that....

• 7. Re: Please help! I feel like pulling my hair out!! Agh! :(
                    xx_foxxyd_xx Level 1

Ah its cool. I got pissed off and uninstalled it. Im gonna wait and use Final Cut when i get my mac back. Its a waaay better program

• 8. Re: Please help! I feel like pulling my hair out!! Agh! :(

xx_foxxyd_xx wrote:

Ah its cool. I got pissed off and uninstalled it. Im gonna wait and use Final Cut when i get my mac back. Its a waaay better program

I don't know about that, but...

What it sounds like is you had footage that was not the right size for the project setting you were using - using 320x240 footage in a 720x480 project setting. It could be something else, but based on the limited info you gave, that would be my guess.

• 9. Re: Please help! I feel like pulling my hair out!! Agh! :(
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

While it could be, if one does not know how their Project is set up, or what their Assests are, I fear that you will likely have the same problems. Same would be true for CyberLink PowerDirector, or Premiere Elements.

One must have a workflow and understand how that impacts their Project.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 10. Re: Please help! I feel like pulling my hair out!! Agh! :(
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

Eric,

I've been posting to the Adobe fora, for many years. I still cannot understand the reticence, that some posters have to giving the most simple of details on their Projects and their Assets.

To me, it's counter productive, but then maybe they just want an opening to pan Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, whatever, and their initial post is to provide the "foot in the door."

I remain puzzled,

Hunt

• 11. Re: Please help! I feel like pulling my hair out!! Agh! :(

I agree. I think we get a fair number of people who have very little experience editing (or not very much professional experience), and they come here and wanting help but don't know how to properly communicate what's happening. When they don't sometimes get the answer they want, they just slam the software and resort to, "I'll just go use FCP". I question this posters experience judging by the statement that he didn't know what title safe was....

Not spending much (or any) time over in any FCP forums, I wonder what it's like? Do they have people that complain about FCP, only to exclaim, "I'll just switch to Avid (or Premiere Pro)"? I'm sure Apple has it's detractors, but I wonder if it get's as bad as it sometimes does in this forum.

• 12. Re: Please help! I feel like pulling my hair out!! Agh! :(
                              joshtownsend Level 2

Eric Addison wrote:

I agree. I think we get a fair number of people who have very little experience editing (or not very much professional experience), and they come here and wanting help but don't know how to properly communicate what's happening. When they don't sometimes get the answer they want, they just slam the software and resort to, "I'll just go use FCP". I question this posters experience judging by the statement that he didn't know what title safe was....

Not spending much (or any) time over in any FCP forums, I wonder what it's like? Do they have people that complain about FCP, only to exclaim, "I'll just switch to Avid (or Premiere Pro)"? I'm sure Apple has it's detractors, but I wonder if it get's as bad as it sometimes does in this forum.

Well things are pretty civil in the AE and PS forums. Good question about FCP. I started learning it recently and have never felt the need to ask a question in any forum.

• 13. Re: Please help! I feel like pulling my hair out!! Agh! :(
                                the_wine_snob Level 9

Eric,

Yes, this forum gets folk from all walks of life and many different experience levels. That is exactly as it should be.

Eddie Lotter is usually very quick to add links to the PrPro-wiki, to help most people get up to speed - a great resource for which we should all be eternally greatful. Most do follow those links and are the better for it. Some just complain that they did not want a full course in PrPro, just the answer to their "one simple question." Usually, that "one simple question," is not so simple, after all. An open and inquisitive mind is one of the greatest asets that a person can possess. Unfortunately, too many are not possessive of this attribute.

Over the years, I've spent some time on the Avid fora. Many of the complaints that we see here, exist there too. The biggest difference, from my observations, is that the user-base there is probably higer, at its lower-end, than here. The typical users are starting at a higher level. Still, there are tons of "I'm going to ditch this POS (Point of Sale? Piece of Stuff?) software and go with FCP!"

Next to the "props" for Eddie, I'm going give some to Harm Millard, for writing up instructions on how to get help most quickly. Now, if only most folk would just follow the links to this, and to the wiki. If they did not find their answer, while filling in the list of things to ask about, or looking in the wiki, at least the people here will not have to guess, and can address the issues directly. In the years that I've been here, few problems go without any resolution, though sometimes the answer is a "workaround," or a workflow modification. Still, the issues are almost always resolved.

Hunt