4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2009 7:44 AM by fruityth1ng-T0qBnM

Don't limit panning in Standard Screen Mode

william_900 Level 1

In standard screen mode when the image is maximized and you are zoomed in you can't pan past the bounds of your image, as a result part of your image is always underneath your tool palettes. If you switch to full screen mode you can pan anywhere you like but you lose the document tabs row.

Please make it so that you can pan anywhere you like in standard mode.

• 1. Re: Don't limit panning in Standard Screen Mode
          Zeno Bokor Level 6

i want this too or at least an option to turn this on. When working with smallish files this gets really annoying because i can't move the image over when opening side panels

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Don't limit panning in Standard Screen Mode
            sfjedi Level 1

Have you tried hitting F to toggle into other modes? Or is this not enough for you?

• 3. Re: Don't limit panning in Standard Screen Mode
              william_900 Level 1

Yes I know that you can hit f to change the mode, but you lose the document tabs so if you have multiple images open you have to hit f twice to get back to standard mode, go to your new tab, then hit f again if you need to pan or zoom.

• 4. Re: Don't limit panning in Standard Screen Mode
                fruityth1ng-T0qBnM Level 1

YES PLEASE!

sorry to yell, but this bug is why I visited these forums in the first place. Bug? yes, I see this as a present bug more than a feature that needs to be added (which it does, in my opinion, but in the present version, not in CS5 or CS6 or so).

Having to switch modes is rather counter-productive, and protecting me from.... what?

In the current situation, I need to drag windows all over the screen to work in my zoomed in-hot spot of choice, OR switch modes and not have a view of all my other open documents.

This problem is especially present when using a tablet, where the "preferred" position of your cursor is related to where your arm rests.

No offense meant, but this is a pretty big issue for me, and a reason I'd consider looking at competing products. Although getting the Adobe interface out of my motor-memory would be very prohibitive of doing so