3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2006 8:15 PM by KatOlds

Button Image loses transparency on export

KatOlds
      I have a library item (button) that will be used in my web page. When I export it as HTML w/ images, I have a white background behind the button when all I wanted was transparency. I have clicked all the white and "close to white" boxes on the export preview in Fireworks and made them transparent but to no avail. I've tried exporting as Library item, HTML w/ images, images and nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks y'all!

Kat
        • 1. Re: Button Image loses transparency on export
          Level 7
          Hi

What are you exporting it as? PNG, Gif, jpeg not all formats support
          transparency in all resolutions. I always use either gif or PNG

Put a link up and we can take a look.

Ian
          "KatOlds" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e8nmse$6ij$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I have a library item (button) that will be used in my web page. When I
          >export
          > it as HTML w/ images, I have a white background behind the button when all
          > I
          > wanted was transparency. I have clicked all the white and "close to white"
          > boxes on the export preview in Fireworks and made them transparent but to
          > no
          > avail. I've tried exporting as Library item, HTML w/ images, images and
          > nothing
          > seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks y'all!
          >
          > Kat
          >

• 2. Re: Button Image loses transparency on export
            Pablo269 Level 1
            save the image as a png then import it as a lib object
            • 3. Re: Button Image loses transparency on export
              KatOlds Level 1
              Hey - I finally found it! the lack of transparency on an imported graphic is called a Halo and how to resolve it is found in FW help section. Just an FYI for others like me who are still learning.

Kat