5 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2009 4:53 AM by Paul_LS

PE2 - Timeline thumbnail renders, but monitor and burned DVD video is blank for one section. Also audio export quality question

digitaltoast

I split a clip to get rid of a few seconds of something else, and everything looked OK. I set it rendering overnight, and this morning, I found most of the DVD was fine, but this one section at the end is black on the DVD. I went back to the project, and although the timeline looks OK with thumbnails generated, it's showing black for that same section in the preview monitor. How can I "regenerate" this clip without re-adding and making the cuts?

The video details look OK though...

Video: MPEG2 Video 720x576 (4:3) 25.00fps 6802Kbps [Video]

Next up, seeing as I gave only one hours captured video to a whole DVD, I was wondering why the video was quite blocky.

Then I saw the audio....

Audio: Dolby AC3 48000Hz 6ch 192Kbps [AC-3] < what the?!? This is mono video captured off an old tape, so at most it could be 44k 96k mono, not 6ch! But despite FAQ-ing myself silly, I can't see where you change the audio properties...

Help on these two would be greatly appreciated.

Before anyone asks (and they will!) why I don't upgrade, well, V2 does what I want (which is about 2 DVDs per year!) and when I tried V4 trial, on my old 3GHz PC with 3.5Gb RAM it was TOOOO slow