I haven't done any editing for ages. My dad has a camcorder which has DVD-R mini disks and wanted them putting together. I thought I could do this with my PE3.02 so I successfully converted the files from UDF to AVI using Movavi. The outputs seem fine and play ok in windows media player and are named "VTS_01_0.IFO - Movie 01.av" and so on.
The trouble is that when I load these converted files into a new PE project the bottom half of the files are just a green band. Has anybody any suggestions please? Billy
I am not familiar with your conversion program. If it can handle the conversion to DV-AVI Type II w/ PCM/WAV 48KHz 16-bit Audio, that is what you want. Anything else will have to be converted again, internally by PE. Players can often use CODEC's more effectively, than can an editing program. The DV-AVI Type II (MS DV) CODEC is the native format for all Premiere programs. Go for that, and your problem will likely disappear.
I use DigitalMedia Converter (!US$50), and it handles about every CODEC conversion, that I could throw at it. Check the FAQ's for other converters, many of which are freeware. Some seem to work well for others, but a few seem to bring a whole new set of problems.
The PremierePro-wiki also has some conversion tips.
Thanks for your answer. I didn't know that I could actually click on the DVD whilst PE was open and it would convert it for me within the app. I have tried it and works fine. Cheers