5 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2009 1:27 PM by the_wine_snob

DVD Template

rechmbrs Level 1

I have PE4 and PS CS4 and need to make a temple for PE4 which has one still image as the opening screen and another for the menu to the various chapters.  I can see how I might share the same still image for both but can't see how to do what is desired.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

RON C

• 1. Re: DVD Template
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Ron,

You should be able to drag your chosen JPG, or PSD file to the existing Menu Template. In PE, there are "drop-zones."

Personally, I'd do this in CS3 and Encore, using Photoshop, as you have so many more options. In PE, things are a bit more "automatic," with fewer options.

Encore also allows for a Video Asset to be set to Play First. I'm not clear if you wish to do that, or if you want your Main Menu to be Play First.

Hunt

• 2. Re: DVD Template
            rechmbrs Level 1

I don't have Encore so PE and PS CS4 will have to do.

I tried dropping but the first still image is used as background for all of the menu.  I want to load one image for startup of menu and then one for the rest.

Maybe I'm dense but I haven't figured out how.

Thanks,

RON C

• 3. Re: DVD Template
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Oops, my bad. I read Premiere CS4, not Photoshop. Your Main Menu will be your Play First.

Now, because the Main Menu and the Scene Selection Menus are linked, you may have to create a new Menu "set" in PS to get totally different background images. This can be done by opening the chosen two Menus (the Main and the Scene Selection) in PS. Make your changes there. Do not eliminate any of the Button Layer Sets (though you can do modifications to the ones that you will use - check the language). Save these .PSD files with the same file naming conventions, but with different names, than your original Templates. To restate that: you want the same naming convention with the proper "MM" and "SS" in the same place as the originals, but you do not want to overwrite the originals. Add one more character, or similar, to the name.

Then, in your DVD Layout, you should now see these two new Menus in your Library. (I'd save to the same folder, but many like to create a new "personal" folder, within the Library structure. Choice is yours.)

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: DVD Template
                rechmbrs Level 1

I went back to square one and found that it is easy.  I setup the menus so they work and then went in to each and there is a browse for still, movie, audio etc.  Able to change both the start menu and the actual push button part.

Thanks for the help.

RON C

• 5. Re: DVD Template
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Glad that you got it sorted. Sorry about my mis-reading, regarding Encore.

Hunt