I posted this issue as a bug with Adobe. I recieved assistance, and the problem is resolved. My thanks to Adobe. A new .dll was provided to correct the problem, but I can't post it here as .dll files are not allowed.
Has Adobe indicated that they will make this .dll file available for download for the rest of us? (Seems like the right thing to do.)
I had created a post on this issue, and filed a bug report, several months ago. The silence has been deafening.
The person who helped me gave no indication that the file would be posted or that other action would be taken.
I am having the exact same problem with RH9.
Could you give me the name of the .dll so that I can ask Adobe for it?
I saw Peter's post in which he indicated that the revised dll should be in RH9. Given there is a possibility the revised dll didn't make it into RH9, I am providing the file name: BaseStructure.dll. I received the file on 6-5-2009. Sorry, I don't have any other information, like a case number, that you could share with Adobe to aid in their search, if a search becomes necessary.
Hope this helps.
I am using version 9.01.
This indent problem that I am having only is apparent in the chm file or when viewing the topic using View Selected Item. The indent problem is not apparent when viewing the topic in the Design pane or when publishing the file via RH WebHelp.
I just made a very simple multilevel style named TEST. I altered only level 1. No paragraph style or any other additional formatting was applied. I just used the buttons in this dialog to move the text into alignment. All I want to do is have all hanging lines to line up to begin at the same place that the first line starts...just like it looks below...in both chm and webhelp.
Here's what I when I apply the style to a topic, this is how it appears in the chm file:
Here's the HTML code from the HTML tab of the topic:
Do you have a drop-down hotspot and text or expanding hotspot and text above the numbered items? If yes, trying removing the hotspot or moving the numbered items above the hotspot.
I don't remember all the details because it has been a while. I have add problems with misalignment when the numbered items were preceded by a drop-down hotspot and the hotspot contained an image. The misalignment applied to the first level in my case. I don't recall the second and succeeding levels being affected.
Hi Cal, my indent problem is consistent, no matter if there's a hotspot or not.
The problem also occurs at every level of the multilevel list.
I'm beginning to think it might be a RH bug because it only happens in the chm file, not when I publish the same files. Or maybe some master style sheet somewhere is taking precedence to the one that is assigned to the topics.
Unfortunately, I'm really novice when it comes to style sheets and html...that's why I made such a simple experiment to see what would happen...I don't even want to explain anything complicated.
Even though my indent problem looks exactly the same as your example, from what you just explained it does not act the same as yours.
Mine was also working fine in RH8, and then started to act up when I upgraded to RH9.
Thanks for your input, I do really appreciate any help....I'm in the last 2 weeks before a software release, so this is the last thing that I need right now!
What happens if you remove the Text indent 30px? Does that change anything?
Helpful and Handy Links
Hi Rick I tried to delete the text indents in the HTML tab, but when I save, RH is
just putting them back in. Is there another way to do it? -Deb
Ohhh, this is one of those funky Multi-Level lists, isn't it?
If so, I can think of a couple of options.
1. Open the CSS using something like Windows Notepad and see if you can locate the offending section. (My guess is that it's one of those 30 px indents). Close and save the CSS then test.
2. Use RoboHelp's odd little Multi-List style editor and see if you can tweak it that way.
Personally, I'd opt for number 1 first. Then if that failed, I'd try number 2.
On a personal note, even though I've developed some of the Multi-List styles, the way those work are all funked up and just weird.
Helpful and Handy Links
If you want to email me the CSS you are using, I'll be happy to see if I can sort it for you.
rstone75 (at) kc (dot) rr (dot) com
Helpful and Handy Links
Thanks to Rick, my problem is solved!
Rick looked at my style sheet and used it to make a small chm file and it displayed perfectly. He told me that he suspected either the browser settings or perhaps the display settings.
After comparing all IE settings to no avail, I turned to the Display Settings for Windows 7.
In Display Settings, I had the text setting set on medium (125%), so I changed it back to the default, which is smaller 100%), logged off and then back on and BINGO!!
That was it!
I thought I had a problem with RoboHelp and it turned out to be the display setting for the OS! Urghhhhh!!!
Hope this helps other folks, who might be using the same setting and think that they're having a problem with their chm.....
Thanks again, Rick!