1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 14, 2008 5:44 PM by Newsgroup_User

keeping links linked - newbie question

AmandaNT
      I am working on my Index page with a sidebar linking to other pages within the website. When I create these other pages is there an easy way to keep all the links updated as I change links, pages, paths etc. or should I create all my links on the index page them copy and paste the sidebar into the rest of the pages when it's all finished?
      Also, what happens when I have a complete website them one link changes, do I have to go to each page to update or is there a master linking area which will keep it all consistent?
      Thanks very much,
      Amanda
        • 1. Re: keeping links linked - newbie question
          Level 7
          Your problem is probably best solved with some combination of Dreamweaver
          Templates and server-side-includes. DW's Help (F1) has ample instruction on
          both. Read and learn before you venture further and you will spare yourself
          much frustration and heartache.

--

Walt

"AmandaNT" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gak5rk$m34$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I am working on my Index page with a sidebar linking to other pages within
          >the
          > website. When I create these other pages is there an easy way to keep all
          > the
          > links updated as I change links, pages, paths etc. or should I create all
          > my
          > links on the index page them copy and paste the sidebar into the rest of
          > the
          > pages when it's all finished?
          > Also, what happens when I have a complete website them one link changes,
          > do I
          > have to go to each page to update or is there a master linking area which
          > will
          > keep it all consistent?
          > Thanks very much,
          > Amanda
          >