2 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2009 4:16 AM by swizzlerz

instalation of reader in win7 rc1 txt eror... :S

swizzlerz

not sure what to think .. but here is a neat eror in the text. just look at the installation box for adobe reader.  not sure if i am the only one to see this.

• 1. Re: instalation of reader in win7 rc1 txt eror... :S
          Bernd Alheit Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Adobe Reader 9 is not verified for Windows 7.

• 2. Re: instalation of reader in win7 rc1 txt eror... :S
            swizzlerz Level 1

Welll luckly for adobe it works....

When microsoft desighned windows 7 it wanted compatibility...  all programs that run in windows vista are compatible in win7. the core and  the driver structure hasn't changed much, so most drivers and applications work fine.  basicly windows 7 is like the second edition to vista. with many memory tweaks to make it a better operateing system.

I have run adobe now for a few days for viewing pdf files off the web and have had no problems or crashes, eather to browsers or to the program itseslf..

i only found that while runing the adobe in ie8 it was alittle slow to process the information after being downloaded. waited alittle bit and it was up and running soon enough for me to view the information.

now for the eror i found.

1. it was not adobe reader that had the error...   it was the software that was being used to install the apliaction.. the txt was rendered improperly.

2.  i was runing in win7 basic. due to an aplication that requires it, it turns off the arro efects, hence why my image task bar looked so crapy..

my opinion is that adobe reader works in windows 7 rc1 fine at this time.  and in my opinion doens't need to be "verified".

extra:

i only posted this picture as i thought it was funny...  when i find time in the next little while i will uninstall adobe reader turn the aro efects on and try to see if i can recreate the eror with aro efects running.

edit..  as i was about to reply the first time the browser did crash due to the page loading the txt field here that i am typing in now. however when i restarted the browser it did work fine the second time...

i was useing Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)  at the time...