1 Reply Latest reply on May 12, 2009 2:43 PM by robdillon

Quick flash on quicktime video in Director when jumping from one to another.

JeffDJ Level 1

Hi,

I am using Quicktime videos in my movie, (Dir 10, 11; I use Mac OSx 10.5) and set them to play Direct to Stage (DTS), it plays good video. I am making an interactive piece, which I have several videos I can switch one to another by button press. The problem is, when I jump from one video to the next one, there is a quick flash showing up. It is very quick but not too pretty to look at.It is like the movie is missing a frame or something. This only happens on DTS mode. I want my videos to have no flash when jumping form one to another, is there a way to set it this way? If there is no direct solution, a workaround will work too,

Thanks and regards,

Jeff

• 1. Re: Quick flash on quicktime video in Director when jumping from one to another.
          robdillon Most Valuable Participant

DTS gives the QT player the portion of the stage that it will occupy. Director supplies no information for that part of the stage. What you are seeing is the new movie instantiating in that space. There are several ways to avoid this. You can switch off DTS when you change movies and provide another image in that space. You can position your QT sprite so that it is behind another sprite in the score. When you use DTS the QT sprite will show through. You can move the QT sprite off the visible area of the stage, switch to the new movie, then move the sprite back to its old location.