• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images Loading Over Layers?

New Here ,
May 12, 2009 May 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On one layer I have a movieclip holding thumbnails and on another layer below that layer I have a loader component that the images are being loaded into. When the images are loaded, they are loading on top of the thumbnails movieclip. Why is this and is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

Dan

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , May 12, 2009 May 12, 2009

how you load the Loader component wont really make any difference in the Display List stack.

if the Loader component is placed on a layer below the thumbnails, then at some point you must be calling: addChild([loaderInstanceName]) - which then would bring it to the top on the stack.  if the Loader is being placed in the IDE then there is no reason to call addChild and you should remove it to solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

because the target movieclip is at a higher depth than the thumbnails.

to remedy, you can place the target movieclip on a layer below the thumbnails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that it has to be within the thumbnails movieclip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no.

i said place the target movieclip(s) on a layer below the thumbnails.  i didn't say place the target movieclip(s) on the thumbnails timeline or make the target(s) children of the thumbnails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, i mean, the loader is on a layer below the thumbnails moiveclip layer. Unless, its because the loader component is somehow dominant over everything. Does the loader need to be in a movieclip?

i wish adobe would let us upload a zip file to show u cuz mine is using xml to load

Nevermind to uploading, I remembered I can changed the extension so I am uploading a zip file. The problem exists in the muralsGal_mc movieclip

Message was edited by: danedmonds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how you load the Loader component wont really make any difference in the Display List stack.

if the Loader component is placed on a layer below the thumbnails, then at some point you must be calling: addChild([loaderInstanceName]) - which then would bring it to the top on the stack.  if the Loader is being placed in the IDE then there is no reason to call addChild and you should remove it to solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I got it. I was using the addchild code when I didn't need to.

Thanks so much to you and kglad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines