2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2010 6:18 AM by dmskibba

Error recognizing Flex app in QTP

dmskibba

I am using QTP 9.5 with the Adobe Flex add-in 3.0.0. I am running into control recognition issues.

Following is a QTP code snippet that clicks on a Flex menu item:

Window("Windows Internet Explorer").WinObject("FlexApp - Windows Internet").FlexApplication("app").FlexApplication("main.swf").FlexCanvas("index:6").FlexM enuBar("IdApplicationMenuBar").Click

Window("Windows Internet Explorer").WinObject("FlexApp - Windows Internet").FlexApplication("app").FlexApplication("main.swf").FlexCanvas("index:6").FlexM enuBar("IdApplicationMenuBar").Show "Application"

Window("Windows Internet Explorer").WinObject("FlexApp - Windows Internet").FlexApplication("app").FlexApplication("main.swf").FlexCanvas("index:6").FlexM enuBar("IdApplicationMenuBar").FlexLIst("Application").Select( "Administration")

The first two lines execute properly.  The third line fails with the following error:

Cannot find the "Application" object's parent "app" (class FlexApplication). Verify that parent properties match an object currently displayed in your application.
      Line (23): "Window("Windows Internet Explorer").WinObject("FlexApp - Windows Internet").FlexApplication("app").FlexApplication("main.swf").FlexCanvas("index:6").FlexM enuBar("IdApplicationMenuBar").FlexLIst("Application").Select( "Administration")".

Since the “app” is referenced in the first two lines, I am at a loss as to why it fails in the third line.

Is this a known problem in the Flex add-in?