5 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2009 10:39 PM by Ramón G Castañeda

Can not send my NEF files to Photoshop CS3...Please Help

tiltphoto

Hello

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong!!  I shoot with a Nikon D300. I use Photoshop CS3 along with Bridge and InDesign. I have Windows Vista. Now that the facts are out of the way........

I have tried installing an update of Camera Raw. I did the following. Please correct me before I pull my hair out!!!

I first removed ACR 4.0 and put it in a folder on my desktop (Camera Raw .8bi)

I then downloaded DNG Camera Raw 4.6 zip from the Adobe site. These were my next steps:

start/computer/double click local c/program files/common files/adobe/plugins/cs3

I then took the DNG camera raw 4.6 and placed it in the last folder (cs3)

I started Bridge. I can see my Raw images there. I double clicked on an image to transfer to photoshop and an error message poped up (once again) saying that photoshop does not support the file. I went to the help section of cs3/about plugins and there was not a camera raw icon I could click on.

Did I install this in the wrong place???  What can I do to obtain these files? I need them to be converted to JPEG or a TIFF.

Someone please have an answer! I'm praying!

Thank you,

Tina