2 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2009 8:26 PM by Colin Brougham

Can i import MOV which i got from Final Cut pro

imx23

When i import MOV file which i capture by Final Cut pro in Apple.

It display as white,but sound is ok.

It's HDV video.i can play it with VLC media player in PC.

but i can not play with Quick Time.

can i do something with it?

• 1. Re: Can i import MOV which i got from Final Cut pro
          Keith_Andrews Level 1

Which version of FCP are you using and what codec did you use to capture the HDV footage?  Typically HDV video files that are created through log and capture with Final Cut Pro are transcoded automatically to the Apple Intermediate Codec and are not directly compatible with Premiere.  The AIC is Apple's alternative codec for natively editing HDV footage from within FCP.  If this is the case your best bet is to simply export the video file from FCP with a different video codec.  You can view the following knowledge base article at Apple's website for more information: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2704

• 2. Re: Can i import MOV which i got from Final Cut pro
            Colin Brougham Level 6

Keith is more than likely correct--the files are probably Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC). If they were ProRes, you should be able to play them back in QuickTime player or Premiere on the PC.

However, I find it interesting that you are able to play them with VLC. If that's the case, you may be able to use VLC's conversion capabilities to turn them into something that PPro can use. I'll have to experiment with this tomorrow; I've got some AIC files at the office that I can't use!