1 Reply Latest reply on May 13, 2009 2:02 PM by Paul_LS

Export to tape and changing video settings

LN327

I have finished my project and I am trying to export it to my camera (Sony pc9E) I am using Adobe Premiere Element 1.0

When I export to tape, I cannot see anything on my camera except a blue screen. Premiere is getting the camera to record ok but nothing is actually recorded.

I also cannot visualise the project through the camera LCD. I started another project and evreything is working fine including viewing on the camera LCD and exporting to tape. The only difference I can see between the 2 projects is that the one I cannot export has a Video setting of D1/DV NTSC(0.9) and the one that works has D1/DV PAL (1.067).

Is there anything I can do to change the settings on export my project to my tape (my camera is PAL).

Thanks for your help.

• 1. Re: Export to tape and changing video settings
          Paul_LS Level 4

If you export to tape it will export at per the project settings. I guess that is why the NTSC project is not being captured to the PAL camcorder.

Do you want it in NTSC or was it an error in choosing the project setting. I guess you could export the NTSC as a DV-AVI (File>Export>Movie) and bring this back into a PAL project and then export to tape. You will get a quality hit due to the format conversion.