7 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2009 3:57 PM by nguye1r

can not locate 1080p option

nguye1r

Hello,

I've downloaded the trial for adobe premiere pro cs4.

When I create a new project I can not find the option to work with 1080p.

I remember seeing it when I use the software at school, is 1080p disable for the trial or

do I have to download something else to have that feature?

• 1. Re: can not locate 1080p option
          Alan Craven Level 4

Unfortunately Adobe seem unable to offer the trial version with HD editing presets - it is something to do with third party licensing, I think. So you are restricted to SD editing only with the trial version.

This situation makes the trial version largely redundant in this day and age!

• 2. Re: can not locate 1080p option
            the_wine_snob Level 9

The editing in the trial is limited, as anything MPEG is removed. This also precludes Exporting to any flavor of MPEG.

As stated, this is due to licensing issues with MainConcept. The full version has every feature turned-on. Adobe also offers a 100% 90-day, money back deal. If you like what you see (with the limitations) in the trial, buy the full version and spend < 90 days doing a full evaluation. Keep ALL paperwork. If you do not like PrPro, return it to Adobe for a full refund.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: can not locate 1080p option
              Jim_Simon Level 8
              Adobe also offers a 100% 90-day, money back deal.

"Adobe will exchange or refund the purchase of a product or support contract that you purchased directly from Adobe if you contact Adobe to request the return within 30 days of receiving the product."

• 4. Re: can not locate 1080p option
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Jim,

Do I read correctly, that Adobe will NOT offer a refund if it was purchased from an authorized re-seller, only directly FROM Adobe? If so, then I have been misinformed and have also spread some bogus info to others.

Thanks for the clarification,

Hunt

• 5. Re: can not locate 1080p option
                  Jim_Simon Level 8

"To return an Adobe product or support contract that you purchased from a retail store, you must first try to return the product to the store.

If the retail store won't accept the return, Adobe will refund the purchase of the product under the following circumstances:

• You contact Adobe to request the return within 30 days of the purchase
                  • You purchased the product from a store in North America
                  • The store refused to accept the return"

Where you got the product is the lesser detail.  The 30 days is the one I was trying to highlight.

• 6. Re: can not locate 1080p option
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Thanks. I believe that I typed "90" days, which is totally wrong. Thanks for the correction. I knew better, but just slipped up.Yep, and too late to edit it now.

Hunt

• 7. Re: can not locate 1080p option
                      nguye1r Level 1

Thank you for the informations guys.