5 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2009 3:52 PM by Michael Borbor

Flex and Liferay skin

USER6754

hi,

i would like to deploy a solution based on LIFERAY for the public space of the application, and FLEX SOLUTION for the private space (business functionnality and integration with the Information Systeme).

my concern is , i don't know that the user interface be different from one space to the other, in order to give to the user the feeling that he is in a same application.

i think theres to solution : the first one is to adopt the UI-them of LIFERAY and to apply it to FLEX

the second one is the reverse.

am i wrong ? any idea ,

thanks everyone

• 1. Re: Flex and Liferay skin
          Michael Borbor Level 4

You have to determine the feasibility of the UI layout in both Apps, it doesn't matter if you choose one of another, but how likely is to create the same look and feel in one UI or another should be your concern.

• 2. Re: Flex and Liferay skin
            USER6754 Level 1

thanks for your answer, after re-reading my post, i noticed some mistake, here is what i want to say :

i would like to deploy a solution based on LIFERAY for the public space of the application, and FLEX SOLUTION for the private space (business functionnality and integration with the Information Systeme).

my concern is , i don't want that the user interface be different from one space to the other, in order to give to the user the feeling that he is in a same application.

i think theres 2 solutions : the first one is to adopt the UI-them of LIFERAY and to apply it to FLEX

am i wrong ? any idea ,

i understand your answer, but i would like more precisions about how i reach this focus.

thanks everyone

• 3. Re: Flex and Liferay skin
              Michael Borbor Level 4

What is Liferay?

Sincerely,

Michael

El 14/05/2009, a las 9:18, USER6754 <forums@adobe.com> escribió:

>

thanks for your answer, after re-reading my post, i noticed some 

mistake, here is what i want to say :

>

i would like to deploy a solution based on LIFERAY for the public 

space of the application, and FLEX SOLUTION for the private space 

(business functionnality and integration with the Information 

Systeme).

my concern is , i don't want that the user interface be different 

from one space to the other, in order to give to the user the 

feeling that he is in a same application.

i think theres 2 solutions : the first one is to adopt the UI-them 

of LIFERAY and to apply it to FLEX

>

am i wrong ? any idea ,

>

i understand your answer, but i would like more precisions about how 

i reach this focus.

>

thanks everyone

>

• 4. Re: Flex and Liferay skin
                USER6754 Level 1

Liferay is a java opensource Portail/CMS solution, but finally i am going to use Drupal (a php opensource CMS).

SO my question is hwo can i "homogenize" the skin of drupal and Flex application

thanks.