2 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2009 1:51 PM by medivis804

Problems with embedding swfs into Director 11.5

medivis804

Hello everyone,

I am hoping someone can help me and please bear with me - I don't know a lot about director - I can do some Lingo and get around in the program to make things work.

Right now I am working on an interactive presentation where the user can click a button to view an animation. I am using Director 11.5 for my presentation and have made my animations in After Effects CS3 -- from there I converted my .mov files to .flv files using the Adobe Media Encoder CS4... then I took my .flv file into Flash and published it as a swf file.

The problem that I am having is that when I play the presentation (within Director and after publishing the .app/projector file) the swf files are playing - but there is all this glitchy-artifact stuff all over them. Does anyone know why this would be happening? When I play the swf files in the flash player they look great. Before, when I was using Flash MX and Director MX, I never had any problems with embedding my swf animation files - and they played great - without any artifact. Any and all help would be much appreciated as this project is due in the next few days and I would prefer to figure out a solution rather than uninstalling Flash CS4 and Director 11.5 - and going back to MX.

I toyed with the thought that my video card isn't good enough but I tested the .app file on another machine and the glitchy-artifacts were still there. I have attached a jpg showing the artifact that appears.

I am running Mac OS X 10.5.7

Dual 2 GHz G5 PowerPC

ATI Radeon X800 XT

Thank you!