3 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2009 8:08 PM by pwillener

Installing Reader 8.1.4 and then 8.1.5....

InfraNT

Hi,

I'm looking at upgrading our Reader 8.1.3 through SMS to about 300 workstations and I'm running into an issue when launching the update on my machine to test.

After downloading 8.1.4 and 8.1.5 from here: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?platform=windows&product=10

I try to install 8.1.4 over my 8.1.3 installation and I keep getting this message:

"The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch."

Why am I getting this message, I do have 8.1.3 installed.

Thanks,

Michael

• 1. Re: Installing Reader 8.1.4 and then 8.1.5....
          StriderMatic

I see 3 different versions of the 8.1.4 patch at the download page.  Are you sure you have the right one?  I'm pretty sure 2 of the 3 are intended for other language versions of Adobe Reader.

• 2. Re: Installing Reader 8.1.4 and then 8.1.5....
            GRNS

What's the command line you are using to install the msp in SMS ??

• 3. Re: Installing Reader 8.1.4 and then 8.1.5....
              pwillener Level 8

StriderMatic wrote:

I see 3 different versions of the 8.1.4 patch at the download page.  Are you sure you have the right one?  I'm pretty sure 2 of the 3 are intended for other language versions of Adobe Reader.

You're right...

• the first download (AdbeRdrUpd814_all_me_incr.msp) is for the following language versions: Greek, Arabic, and Hebrew.
              • the second download (AdbeRdrUpd814_all_ce_incr.msp) is for the following language versions: Czech, Hungarian, Polish, Slovak, Turkish, Russian, Ukrainian, Romanian, Croatian, Bulgarian, Slovenian, Estonian, Latvian, and Lithuanian.
              • the third download (AdbeRdrUpd814_all_incr.msp) is for the following language versions: English, French, German, Japanese, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Korean.

The interesting thing is that when I downloaded AdbeRdrUpd814_all_incr.msp, it was only 4.5 MB - now it is 10.9MB