3 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2009 6:29 AM by dveldh

Multiple PSDs?

dveldh

I want to put multiple PSDs into a project as separate slides, but everytime I import a second one, it overwrites the first one. Are multiple PSDs a no-no?

• 1. Re: Multiple PSDs?
          Lilybiri MVP & Adobe Community Professional

I'm not sure to understand your question. If you want to import each PSD-file in a separate slide, did you create first these blank slides? You could also import them to the library and put them on slides later on as you wish.

• 2. Re: Multiple PSDs?
            macrofireball Level 3

Hi there,

The only way that you can import PSD's in Adobe Captivate 4 is to choose File > Import > Photoshop File... At present you cannot specify in the PS Importing dialog box which slide you want the importing imagery to be placed on. Instead you simply have to cut and paste the resulting PNG imagery on to the desired slides manually.

Also, please bear in mind that attempting to import a PSD directly into the Library panel will not work. If you attempt this Captivate will display the following message.

0 items have been successfully imported . Some items could not be imported.

Best - Mark

Visit the macrofireball blog

Best - Mark

• 3. Re: Multiple PSDs?
              dveldh Level 1

Thanks, Lilybiri...don't know how I could have missed that. It worked just like I wanted it to. Thanks again!