3 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2009 1:04 AM by Mylenium

AE cs3 running too slow to use...

netrate

I am 1/2 way lucky on this.  I finished 2 or 4 projects before AE won't even load properly the rest of my projects in Vista 64.
      When I load AE, it comes up fine, albeit slower than usual.  When I open up a previously saved project, it hangs, the little arrow continues to cycle, as if checking something, but rarely completes without saying "AE NOT RESPONDING".

On a chance it did complete, I tried to render out the project - 2 minutes of 720X480 video - after about 10 minutes of doing waiting for the render to start, it told me 145 hours of rendering. Now I know something is up. I am not sure if it is AE or VISTA. Anyone else run into issues like this?  I am under a time constraint now.

The project is straight psd files, no video using a 3D camera to move around.  Anyone have a solution to this?

• 1. Re: AE cs3 running too slow to use...
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Clean out your media cache from the prefs, turn off openGL. See if that helps.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: AE cs3 running too slow to use...
            netrate Level 1

One of the issues I have discovered is that unfortunately for me, my comp was a decent size, but my images are not.  I think that is the problem.  Now the challenge is resizing the photos in photoshop to a smaller size WITHOUT affecting their relative size in AE.

Besides that, I notice that AE is starting up very slow lately.  Open GL is already turned off.

• 3. Re: AE cs3 running too slow to use...
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

netrate wrote:

Besides that, I notice that AE is starting up very slow lately.  Open GL is already turned off.

Lots of plug-ins? Besides that, the disk caches being full could be the problem, as I already said. AE will look them up during startup and whenever you open a project referencing items in the cache, so things can become notably slow. also do the usual - defrag your drives, remove orphaned files and config data with CCCleaner and similar tools.

Mylenium