Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with access to multiple e-books borrowed from library to Sony 505

May 14, 2009 May 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had successfully been borrowing e-books from the library, but when  I upgraded to Digital Editions 1.7.1.1085 last week, I began having problems.  I can transfer books to my computer, but when I move them to my Sony Reader, only the most recent book remains readable.  The previous book(s) transferred now say "protected page".  If I try re-transferring the unreadable one, the re-transferred book is ok but the previously readable book is no longer readable. If I transfer multiple books at once, only the last book transferred is readable.  This is only happening with the protected Digital Editions books; those transferred from Sony are fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 12, 2009 Aug 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My wife and I experienced the same problem. Through trial and error we identified a work around solution. The problem happens when you have a miture of EPUB and PDF formats on the e-reader. If you are careful and only load one format at a time on the reader then you should not run into any more problems. Someone, either Adobe or Sony, needs to resolve the issue of mixed formats causing this protected page problem. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 12, 2009 Aug 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your input. That will be very useful, but I hope Adobe/Sony

can fix this!

In a message dated 8/12/2009 3:52:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

forums@adobe.com writes:

My wife and I experienced the same problem. Through trial and error we

identified a work around solution. The problem happens when you have a miture

of EPUB and PDF formats on the e-reader. If you are careful and only load

one format at a time on the reader then you should not run into any more

problems. Someone, either Adobe or Sony, needs to resolve the issue of mixed

formats causing this protected page problem. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines