2 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2009 7:47 PM by MichaelKazlow

Adobe Reader Help

Jetty37

My Adobe Reader was just updated to version 9.1.1. Since the update when I access a website that I have been using for many years WITHOUT any problems  I am now receiving a pop up box stating the following:

Adobe Reader

Adobe Reader could not open  ' A9R4F1.temp'  because it is either not a supported file type

or because the file type has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment

and wasn't correctly decoded).

The site that I was accessing is www.njfishing.com. I have never had this problem or warning before Adobe Reader was updated.  I am looking for solutions in how to correct this problem.

Thanks,

Jetty37

• 1. Re: Adobe Reader Help
          StriderMatic Level 1

Hi,

I visited the site, and haven't any problems yet.

Do you get this error right at the home page?

What link in particular, did you click on, if any?  Was it a PDF?

I couldn't find any PDFs on the website.  The error says Adobe is trying to open a temp file, which I don't think it will be able to do.  It may be a simple problem of the new version of Adobe getting confused with file types on your PC.

Do you use Norton Personal Firewall or Internet Security?  I found a reference to that causing this type of problem.

• 2. Re: Adobe Reader Help
            MichaelKazlow MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Try emptying your temp folder.