4 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2009 7:51 AM by mmullen225

Boris Bcc v4 work with CS4?

kirm99

Do any of you know: should Boris BCC v4 work with AE CS4? I know BCC is up to v6 now, but I don't want to have to upgrade if I don't have to. I coulnd find the answer in any Boris forums. It doesn't seem to be working for me...

thanks

• 1. Re: Boris Bcc v4 work with CS4?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Please be more specific. What exactly isn't working? What operating system? If you're on Mac, naturally the plug-ins may not show up. AFAIK BCC 4 is PowerPC only whereas CS4 is intel only. Therefore neither can work together and upgrading at least to BCC 5 would be required. If it's something else, then more info is required.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Boris Bcc v4 work with CS4?
            kirm99 Level 1

I received this answer from support@borisfx.com

"Premiere Pro CS4 requires BCC 6.
            An upgrade would need to be purchased in order to move from BCC 4 to BCC 6.
            A BCC 6 AE upgrade is a cost or $295 and can be found on our web store at
            the following link:
            http://www.borisfx.com/store/cart.php?target=category&category_id=28  or by
            contacting our sales department at 888-772-6747.
            Let me know if you have any other questions."

Thanks
            Matt
            Boris Support

Don't know if this is true or they just want me to buy the update?

• 3. Re: Boris Bcc v4 work with CS4?
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

They sure won't say No to selling an upgrade, but that aside, I think they are sincere. There must be technical reasons, especially in relation to their OpenGL accelerated plug-ins vs. Premiere's and AE's use of hardware acceleration. I just cvannot give you any solid information on that, I'm afraid. I have so many plug-ins from other vendors, I couldn't tell you if I even had reason to use BCC even if it was free. Just so many identical tools and functionality overlap... Maybe someone else can chime in.

Mylenium

• 4. Re: Boris Bcc v4 work with CS4?
                mmullen225

Kirm,

BCC added support for CS4 with the 5.0.1 release.

The BCC upgrade cost is the same regardless of wether you move to 5 or 6 so your best bet, if you want BCC to work with CS4, is to upgrade to BCC6.